Saturday, January 15, 2011

One Week Down

I have now been here in the land to the north for over a week. This may not seem like such a long time but for me it has seemed much longer. In this time I have started classes, made friends, and been on some wonderful adventures. This weekends adventure was my first Canadian mall filled with all sorts of goodness!
The lovely Mayflower Mall in Sydney, NS

Yesterday I had my first experience at a Canadian mall and it was about the same as an American mall. There were stores that had different names but in essence they were the same as the stores back home. There was your electronic store similar to Best Buy (Future Shope), the department store like JcPenny's (Hudson's Bay Company or The Bay), and the coffee shop similar to Starbucks (Tim Horton's).
The Bay where I bought my mittens

My first Tim Horton's

My favorite purchase of the day would have to be the mittens that I bought at The Bay. They are red with a white maple leaf on them. They are also lined and extremely warm. Well why don't I just show you what they look like on me and my lovely friend Maggie.
So ends this weekends adventure! I haven't planned next weekends excitement yet but if anyone has an idea be sure to tell me. I'm always looking for a new adventure. Happy travels!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a little bit of sunshine here for all of us to see.
-B