Monday, January 24, 2011

Children's Literature

One of the five classes that I have this semester is Children's Literature and thus far it has been very informative. I have learned all about the idea of childhood and how that idea has changed in the last hundred years. We have already powered through two and a half books. The first was Alice in Wonderland, followed by Five Children and It, and currently I am reading The Jungle Books. I have never read any of these books and I have found them very fascinating.


The book list for the rest of the semester includes The Wizard of Oz, Treasure Island, Peter Pan, The Wind in the Willows, Anne of Green Gables, and a few others. Of the books that we are to read I have only read Peter Pan and Anne of Green Gables. I think this is a very good thing as I will not be bored all semester by books that I have already read. So wish me happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a little bit of sunshine here for all of us to see.
-B