Monday, January 24, 2011

The Wind was Howling!

All last night while I slept the wind was howling outside my window.  I woke up this morning and it was still blowing.  When I opened my window to my surprise there was a beautiful blanket of fluffy snow covering everything in sight and beyond... so basically the island.  This was the source of many people having classes canceled and students not showing up for class.  I unlike many showed up for class and did not have any of them canceled.  Here is a view out of my window this afternoon.
View of a snowy parking lot from my room


As you can see there actually was snow but that is not even the half of it.  Though the thermometer read -12 C (10 F) with the wind chill it was said to feel like -24 C (-11 F).  Because of these factors the local public schools did not have school today, much to the joy of parents (which included my history prof).  If you want to read all about it you can look here.  With all that lovely information on the weather and how freezing it is here I leave you with:
Sunset from My Room

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a little bit of sunshine here for all of us to see.
-B