Friday, September 27, 2013

Blogger Book Club: Me Before You

I had never heard of Me Before You by before Kay at The Best of Intentions named it the first read of the Blogger Book Club (BBC) readI am really glad I came across this when I did because it enabled me enough time to read the book as well as digest what had happened in it and think it through before writing out my thoughts. 

Me Before You by Jojo Moyes

This was not a book I would have usually picked out to read but I was pleasantly surprised. I really enjoyed the dialogue that Moyes wrote and the depth that the characters had. The story was a little slow to start but it was beautiful. It showed just how much one decision and knowing one person can change our lives for the better or for the worse. 

I identified the most with the main character Louisa or Lou. She had become comfortable with her life and then was given a life change that she did not expect when the business she worked for closed. This left her floundering to find her calling in life. This was really the part of Lou that I liked most. She took what life gave her and made the most of it. 

The end of this book was slightly unexpected and throughout the story I required an occasional tissue. I am glad that I read this book which is out of my usual reading box. 

Bottom line: I recommend this book to everyone who wants a good read that requires them to think. What would you do in this situation?

The Best of Intentions 

As always... Happy Travels!
-Becca 

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It was a really good book. It makes me want to read some other books written by Jojo Moyes.

      Delete
  2. So #1 THANK YOU for linking up and reading with me! And #2, you just described my favorite thing about Louisa! I love that she had to keep going and learn to live with the cards she'd been dealt. Pleasantly surprised how much I loved this book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i thought the same thing! I kept thinging "what would I do in Lou's shoes?" through out the whole book! So glad we read it for the book club!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a little bit of sunshine here for all of us to see.
-B