Friday, September 6, 2013

Being Afraid

Prompt: A story about a time you were very afraid.
Blogtember

Afraid
: (adjective) feeling fear or anxiety; frightened

Fear: (verb) be afraid of (someone or something) as likely to be dangerous, painful, or threatening 


Being afraid is a really human response to many different situations. It is our fear that makes us aware and reactive. I find that when ever I am entering into a new situation that I find myself to be afraid or experience anxiety. Most recently I felt this when I picked up my life and moved to Florida. I went knowing only a few people and very little else. Having graduated last June I decided to apply for the Disney College Program. This had always been a dream of mine and to my excitement I was accepted and picked a move in date of August 29th. On August 28th I board a plan and flew to Orlando, Florida to wait in an airport for my future roommate. A girl I had only met online a few months before. It was the longest few hours of my life so far. I was sitting thinking about all the crazy stuff people tell you about meeting people online and about meeting them in person etc etc. Her plane finally got in and we officially met. (FYI: She wasn't a crazy person.) We then got on a shuttle to our hotel where we would continue to meet people we had met online and would be spending the next couple of months with. The next few days were filled with many new and exciting adventures but I was terrified. I was so scared that at any point someone would turn to me and say that I wasn't really meant to be there that I was a fraud and there had clearly been a mistake. (Yes I realize this is nonsense.) This moment never happened and I slowly realized that this is real life. Great reward comes with great risk (or great fear).

Great Reward Comes With Great Risk. 


Don't fear the future embrace it.

Happy Travels!
-B



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a little bit of sunshine here for all of us to see.
-B