Wednesday, September 4, 2013

5 Places I Want To Go




Good Morning!

If you could take three months off from your current life and do anything in the world, what would you do?

If I could take off for three months with a moderate supply of money I would travel the world. I realize that this is a bit of cliche answer but I really would. I would love to see Europe in the winter. I would visit my friend in Germany and in England who I haven't seen in a while. I would also spend some of that time in the States visiting my friends who I don't get to see to often.    
There are 5 places that I am obsessed with that I would love to go to in that three months. Well there is probably more than that but I am attempting to limit myself to a reasonable number.

1. Paris - Yes I know this is a little cliche but I do really want to go to Paris. I want to see the Louvre and the Mona Lisa. I want to wonder through the streets and find some adorable little cafe. I just think it all sounds so magical especially after reading Eloisa James' Paris in Love



photo of Glacier National Park
via
2. Glacier National Park - Every time I have plans to go a hiccup always seems to arise that prevents me from going. One time it was a snow storm so the park was closed and the last time was because of lack of planning/time. I really want to see Lake McDonald and drive along Going-to-the-Sun Road. All of the pictures I've seen of it always look beautiful no matter how horrible the picture actually is. 



 
3. United Kingdom - I realize that this includes a huge range of places but I honestly want to go everywhere. I want to explore London, or go on a Harry Potter tour of England. I want to get lost wandering the streets of Edinburgh or to see Stonehenge. Ride the London Eye and see the changing of the guard at Buckingham Palace. There is so much that I want to do that it would probably take me a couple different blog posts to write about it. (Maybe I'll do that at some point in the future.) 


Disneyland Paris
via
4. All Disney Parks - As many of you know I am a huge Disney fan, especially since I worked for them at one time. With the opening of Shanghai Disney here in the near future, my desire to visit all Disney Parks has only increased. I have all of the Disney Parks in the US covered. Now I need to make it to: Disneyland Paris, Tokyo Disney, Hong Kong Disney, and of course Shanghai Disney. 

I mean just look at this Castle!! It's absolutely gorgeous! Only Disney could come up with something so magical and at the same time functional. The other Castles are just as perfect for their park and the way it is set up. However, no matter how pretty the other castles are Sleeping Beauty Castle will always be my favorite (even if it is the smallest). 

5. Northern Lights - I want to see the Northern Lights. I have seen so many pictures of them and they are just breathe taking. I have a couple friends from Canada that have seen them multiple times that say they are awe inspiring. I believe that they would cause a person to stop everything and just ponder how much larger the world is than we really imagine. 


There will always be more places being added to this list. There is so much to see and experience in this world that no on person can do it all (though some have tried). Get out and explore! The world is only getting smaller.

As always, Happy Travels!!
-B



2 comments:

  1. Great list! I'll have to add Paris in Love to my reading list, I love finding new book recommendations! Also, I have to admit I had no idea there was a Hong Kong or Shangai Disney!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Paris in Love is a very good book with some beautiful descriptions of Paris. I really loved how detailed Eloisa James was in telling about her time in Paris.

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a little bit of sunshine here for all of us to see.
-B