Tuesday, September 17, 2013

A Love Letter to My Grandma

Blogtember topic for the day: Write a public love letter to someone in your life. (It doesn't necessarily need to be romantic.)

Dear Grandma,

I know it has been a good long while since you have been gone and I miss you every day. You were always there for me when I was young. You were my best friend. I can't eat ramen noodles without thinking about you and there usually has to be cheese on top just so I can think about the many times we ate it the exact same way. My love of books and fairy tales is as strong as ever thanks to the books that you read me. One-Eye, Two-Eyes, Three-Eyes is still one of my favorite Brothers Grimm stories. I can still remember going to the library with you to pick out a new Faerie Tale Theater to watch as a special treat. (I now own the whole series on DVD and watch them when I'm feeling blue.) The same goes for Anne of Green Gables. I always can turn to Anne for advice and you're the one who first introduced her to me. There are so many things that you gave me that have influenced me into who I am today.

I wish you could have been there to see me graduate from High School and then graduate from College. I wish you were here so I could tell you about my life and see what you thought I should be doing. There is so much I wish we could do together but will never be able to do. 

I think you would be proud of me and everything I have accomplished. I would give almost anything to have just one more day with you. But I know you are in a better place and I know that you have given me strength over the years to better myself and to be a better person. I wish you could see me now. I know you can.

Grandma I will always love you. Now and forever. 

xoxo
-Becca

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a little bit of sunshine here for all of us to see.
-B