Sunday, September 18, 2011

Starbucks vs. Tim Hortons

Being from the Pacific Northwest I have grown fond of seeing the lovely and ever present Starbucks sign on many street corners.  It seems that where ever you go there is always a Starbucks from which you can order your Venti Caramel Frappuccino Light Blended drink.
Similar to this
Here on Cape Breton Island and in the town of Sydney this is not the case.  There is NO Starbucks on the island let alone in Sydney. I am not the kind of person who must have my coffee or die but I do occasionally enjoy a Starbucks blended beverage (especially during the holiday season).  Imagine when I discovered that there was no Starbucks to be had. I quickly recovered from my shock of a non-Starbucks world and moved forward.

Living here on Cape Breton I consoled myself with the discovery of the wonderful Tim Hortons. This amazing place I have discovered is much more to my liking and does not have as many choices as Starbucks (which I greatly enjoy).  Tim Hortons is known for its simplicity of coffee and donuts and believe me they do it well.
A commonly seen sign
I even went through a longing for Tim Hortons while I was home this summer. (The nearest one to home for me is in Victoria or Vancouver, BC.)  It was also one of the first things I found upon entering a Canadian airport. I hope that everyone gets the opportunity to go to a Tim Hortons and experience its wonders. And as always...

Happy Travels!!
-B

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a little bit of sunshine here for all of us to see.
-B