Friday, September 30, 2011

Prince Edward Island Continued!!

To continue my amazing weekend, Thursday night we went to see a musical and not just any musical the Anne & Gilbert musical!!  It was fantastic and incredibly well done.  I enjoyed both the music and the acting. Needless to say this was one of the highlights of my trip. You can check out the home page for the musical here.

Friday was by far the most exciting day for me.  This was the day that I had been looking forward to since I was 9! We went to where it all happened, "Green Gables" itself.  I do need to note that there really is no Green Gables.  The place that they advertise as Green Gables is in fact the house of a relative to L.M. Montgomery.  It did however give her the inspiration for Anne and many of her other books.  The grounds around the house also contributed to her books. I got to walk down Lover's Lane.

And I got to walk through the Haunted Woods to what remains of the house that Lucy grew up in. The best part of this entire experience was getting to do it with my Mom. She's been there from the first day that I was introduced to Anne and the world of L.M. Montgomery and she understood how much the entire experience meant to me.

After an Anne and L.M. Montgomery filled morning and afternoon our cozy little group headed out to the North Cape which is the Northwestern most tip of PEI.
Lighthouse at North Cape
The next day was a fun filled day in which we drove to the east side of the island and then back into Charlottetown.  We spent the afternoon and evening around Charlottetown doing some last minute PEI shopping.  I even had the opportunity to have COWS ice cream (sorry I still think Tillamook ice cream is better).
Province House in Charlottetown
Sunday morning we left the beautiful PEI and crossed the Confederation Bridge into New Brunswick.  After a few stops I was dropped off at the bus station in Truro to make the 6 hour trip back to Sydney.
One last picture of the group with "Bruce"

Confederation Bridge (8 miles long)
I hope you all enjoy the pictures from my adventure to Prince Edward Island. If there is something you want more information on about my trip feel free to ask! And as always feel free to comment.

Happy Travels!!!
-B

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a little bit of sunshine here for all of us to see.
-B