Thursday, September 29, 2011

Prince Edward Island

I have been dreaming about this moment since I was a little girl of 9.  Anyone who has known me for awhile will know that it has always been a dream of mine to visit PEI because it is the setting for L.M. Montgomery's classic Anne of Green Gables and most of her other books.  As a 6th grader I was introduced to Anne's world by my school's secretary. She lent me the books and the rest is history.

This weekend I had the opportunity to go to PEI with my mom and 2 aunts. It was an absolutely fantastic weekend which I wish could have been longer. However, even though we only had a short period of time I feel we were able to fit in as much as possible.

It all started Wednesday afternoon when I was picked up at school.  We then visited the giant fiddle on the Sydney waterfront and hit the road toward New Glasgow, where we staid for the night.
Me at the Giant Fiddle!
The next morning we got up and headed to the Wood Islands - Pictou ferry.  It was a beautiful ride and we even got to see a whale!!
The black spot is a whale
My mom and I on the ferry
After getting off the ferry we made the hour drive in to Charlottetown for lunch.  Along the way we soaked up the spectacular views that make up the countryside of PEI.
That's it for today. I'll write about my time on PEI tomorrow. But until then....

Happy Travels!!
-B

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a little bit of sunshine here for all of us to see.
-B