Monday, August 26, 2013

Adventures with Anne

I realize I've talked about my love of Anne of Green Gables in the past (here and here) but I feel the desire to share it again in the form of a short incident that occurred to me earlier this summer while on my cross country road trip.

The few days that I was in West Virgina earlier this summer it rained... a lot. My Aunt lives in the mountains and it is gorgeous (despite the rain or I should say because of the rain). One night after the rain we went for a walk, however in order to get to the paved road we were going to walk on we had to walk down the gravel driveway and over some cattle guards. The cattle guards were a difficult item to cross in flip flops. It was the in between that was very muddy and slippery with cows roaming around. The three of us were in flip flops and my aunt was in a skirt. The whole situation reminded me of the scene in the Anne of Green Gables series when a cow gets loose in Mrs. Rachel Lynde cabbage field. They turned out looking like this:

Anne, Diana, and Gilbert

We did not end up looking like that but there was a close call when I slipped in a mud puddle. The rest of the walk was absolutely beautiful with a perfect view of the Appalachian Mountains.

Happy Travels!
-B

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a little bit of sunshine here for all of us to see.
-B