Monday, June 17, 2013

Interesting Reads: Wild: From Lost to Found on the Pacific Crest Trail



Wild: From Lost to Found on the Pacific Crest Trail by Cheryl Strayed is her tale of self-discovery on a 1,100-mile hike along the Pacific Crest Trail from the Mojave Desert through California and Oregon to the Bridge of the Gods at the Oregon/Washington boarder. This told the interwoven story of Strayed's time along the Pacific Crest Trail (PCT) and stories of her earlier life. She used her time on the PCT to take account of her life and the direction it was going. 

This book was a journey of self-discovery for me as well. It re-inspired me to enjoy my love of the outdoors this summer and especially hiking. It also brought home to me to not take anything for granted. Enjoy every moment as much as possible and never undervalue the people who mean the most to you. However, it also told me that at some points in your life bad, horrible things can happen in your life and their is little you can do but pick up the pieces and try to move forward. 

I really enjoyed the Times article on the book. I felt it described the good parts and gave insight into what the book was truly about. 

Happy exploring!
-B

Any books to recommend?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a little bit of sunshine here for all of us to see.
-B