Monday, June 28, 2010

Gives me Hope

This blog is called Lets See a Little of the World so I know this post really doesn't apply but I want to tell everyone about an exciting moment for me which happened at camp today. I was monitoring all of the people who were not in the pool today which includes make sure the campers are not in the grass area. Well two 9 year old girls had gotten out of the pool and gone over to the grass to lay on their towels. I went over to inform them that they had to go back over to the concrete area of the pool. In the time that it took me to walk over to them they had both pulled out their books which gave me a fondness for them right away. Now it wasn't that they were reading that made me stop but what they were reading. They were reading Anne of Green Gables which is one of my all time favorite books. One of the girls even had a movie version copy of the book. This made my day and just gave me hope for the younger generation on their taste in literature. Now I hope everyone else is having a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Ok so I'm sitting in the airport right now...crying my eyes out I might add, and I look across the aisle. A little girl is sitting and reading Sorcerer's Stone. It just reminded me of this post. It gives me hope too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a little bit of sunshine here for all of us to see.
-B