Thursday, November 28, 2013

Running = Blisters

Total: 46 miles!!!
Saturday: 11 m
Sunday: Cross-training
Monday: Rest
Tuesday:Sick
Wednesday: Sick
Thursday: Rest
Friday: 3 m
Saturday: 8 m
Sunday: Rest
Monday: 11 m
Tuesday: 5 m
Wednesday: 8 m

Wow it's been a long week! There were moments I thought I would die.. and I've got a couple of blisters to prove that fact. However, I made it through!! I even managed to follow my training plan for two whole weeks (minus my two sick days). This is what I am most proud of. Also the fact that I went 46 miles!! I still cannot believe that. I must have recounted my mileage about 6 or 7 times to make sure I got it correct. Most of it might have been walking or a job but I do not care. All I care is that I made it in one piece and that it is preparing me for the Dopey Challenge in January. Mini-motivators seem to be what works for me. I'm so glad I found my groove.  

By the way blisters seem to be my problem no matter what I do. I've gotten the double socks that guarantee no blisters, I've worn bandaids, and I've used gel and glidesticks. I'm at a loss of what to do about them. Any pointers?

Happy Travels!
-B

How do you handle blisters? Or exercise caused stiffness? 

1 comment:

  1. Thankfully, I've only gotten a few blisters and they weren't very big. Sorry they're bothering you! Good luck with your training!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a little bit of sunshine here for all of us to see.
-B