Friday, November 15, 2013

Ouch! or The Post Where I Start My Training

Total: 16 miles
Tuesday: 4 miles
Wednesday: 8 miles
Thursday: 4 miles
Friday: Rest (thank goodness)

I have stuck to my training plan for the Dopey Challenge for three whole days!!!! I am so freaking excited I cannot contain myself! (I am completely serious. I mean I have told strangers at work that I ran 8 miles.) It might not seem like a lot to some people but to me this is a big deal. I am not very efficient at following plans like this unless someone is making me or I have mini motivators. Well... I have both. My mom is holding me accountable for my training plan and believe me she means business. Hi mom! I do not hear the end of it when I miss a run and have been getting a lot of flack for not following it for the last month or so. I finally grew tired of it and decided I should probably follow my plan. It has been a little rough but over all I feel great about it. Though, I might be a little sore (note a lot).

Want to see what I'm working towards right now? It's pretty awesome! (At least I think so.)
CHAMELON/SHALE HEATHER
{via}
This beauty is an REI Airflyte Hybrid Jacket. The body is insulated while the sleeves give room for movement. And the best part? It's on sale!!! Yes I realize that at $68 that is still expensive but compared to the original $99 it's a definite discount (but it's so comfy). And this little babe will be mine in only 2 more weeks. I can't wait!

In other news I have started Jen Lancaster's Such a Pretty Fat: One Narcissist's Quest to Discover If Her Life Makes Her Ass Look Big; Or, Why Pie Is Not the Answer. Let me tell you it is just as good as the first two in her memoir series and I cannot wait to finish it!

How was your week? Any exciting plans for the weekend? I'm going to run 12 miles and hopefully go to a Sherlock Holmes Exhibit. 

-B

1 comment:

Thanks for leaving a little bit of sunshine here for all of us to see.
-B