Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Happy Tuesday!!

I always love working restraint during the last hour or so of work. For those of you who don't know restraint is the part of the ride after you get in your rocket where a lovely cast member makes sure that it is tightly secure and that you will not be falling out in Space somewhere. I love working this last hour because generally it is late at night (last night was between 12-1am), it's the same people that ride over and over again, and you start making jokes about the silliest things just to pass the time till close. Last night I got to meet 2 lovely ladies who were from Monmouth and Indepdence, Oregon, which is where I went to school. That was pretty exciting. I got to joke around with a group of kids who came through about 4 or 5 times. However, my personal favoirte has to be when I was joking around with a couple in their mid-40s about coming through my side because I'm special. As the rocket was leaving the station the guy siting in seat 6 of the rocket looks at me and says "You are special." As silly as it sounds that made my night (well part of it).

As a bonus yesterday was Magic Kingdom's 41st Anniversary therefore we got free swag in the tunnels!! This "event," or pit stop on the way to work, was Circus themed in promotion for the New Fantasyland expansion. We got yummy cupcakes and were able to spin a wheel to win a prize. The prize options were DVD, sunscreen, bag, hat, etc. I had the wonderful fortune of spinning the wheel and getting....... SUNSCREEN! Yay sunscreen! It was a solid stick of sunscreen with a white wrapper that says "New Fantasyland."

Here's some pictures from the last few weeks.
This doesn't need an explanation!


Captain America!
Butterbeer!
P.S. I did my first Disney run this last Saturday night. It was the Tower of Terror 10 Miler. It was fantastic! I finished in 2 hours 21 min. I'm considering on signing up for another one very soon!

Happy Travels!!
-B

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a little bit of sunshine here for all of us to see.
-B