Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Space Mountain vs. Cinderella Castle



In serious news I just had my interview for the College Program Alumni Professional Internships. It was about 20 minutes long with a lovely cast member named Sally. She asked me different situational questions such as: What would you do if you were presented with an upset guest? Describe a project and the skills you used to achieve it. What interests you most about the positions you applied for and why? It was very straightforward and I feel it went pretty well. I talked a lot about my job at Enchanted Forest  and how it has allowed me to grow over the years and different situations I've experienced throughout my time there. Now starts the waiting game. The latest they will get back to you is December 7 for an internship that starts at some point in January. This should be a fun wait.

In other news as I was closing Fastpass Greeter last night a couple were wondering towards me looking very lost and confused. I asked them if they had a Fastpass for Space Mountain. They responded that they didn't. That they were just trying to get inside the Castle. (long drawn out pause) I then replied that this wasn't Cinderella Castle that this was in fact Space Mountain (a roller coaster type ride  in the dark) and that if they looked behind them they could see the Castle. At this point I was expecting them to laugh at themselves for thinking Space Mountain was the Castle but they did not. Instead they asked if they had to walk all that way to the Castle. I told them yes. They walked away with an even more confused expression. It was a very magical moment.

Do these look anything alike to you? I mean the Castle is in ALL of the Disney World advertisements and Space Mountain.. not so much. The Castle is large and ... well.. castle like. Space Mountain is a large white dome type building straddling the back edge of the park in Tomorrowland with little white sticks coming out of the top. (thank you Google for these pictures)

Cinderella Castle
Space Mountain
 
How do you get these two items confused? I guess we will never know.

As always have a marvelous day.
Happy Travels!
-B

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a little bit of sunshine here for all of us to see.
-B