Monday, July 26, 2010

Verona and Venice Part 1

A lovely weekend away to the beautiful cities of Verona and Venice was just what I needed for a refreshing view on life. I began my journey Friday night with an over night train to Verona. It was definitely an experience I will never forget. Upon finally arriving in Verona we walked to the Arena, which was pretty spectacular. We also saw some interesting things along the way. (One might think we were in Vegas)
We finally reached the Arena and they were setting up for an opera with an asian theme. We had planned on going inside since I thought it was only going to be 3 euro but it turned out to be 8 euro so we decided not to go in. However I did get some amazing pictures of the outside. Here's one of me in all of my traveling gloriousness.
After we finished viewing the Arena and having lunch we walked the short distance to Juliet's house and balcony. I must say I was expecting more but it was still a pretty amazing experience. Just to see all of the writing on the wall and to see the balcony that they say was the place of the such a momentus ocassion was pretty mind blowing. To also know that so many people come there each and every year just to see it.
"But soft! What light through yonder window breaks?
It is the East, and Juliet is the sun!
Arise, fair sun, and kill the envious moon
Who is already sick and pale with grief" - Romeo
"O Romeo, Romeo! Wherefore art thou Romeo?
Deny thy father and refuse thy name;
Or, if thou wilt not, be but sworn my love,
And I'll no longer be a Capulet." - Juliet
That is the end of Juliet's House but we still had about an hour to walk back to the train station to catch our train to Venice so we just wondered back and along the way found some of these delitful treats.
These humorous items were for sale at one of the vendor stands and we found them very amusing. My favorite part of the entire trip of the entire trip happend not in Venice but in a vendor's market in Verona. Here is why!
Do you see why this was one of my favorite parts? No then why don't we take a look at what happened next shall we.
The raspberries were quickly devoured and highly enjoyed! I was afraid that I was going to have to wait until I got home in order to get myself some raspberries but now I know all I have to do is just hop on a train to Verona to get them. So ended my trip to Verona and began my trip to Venice which will be coming later!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a little bit of sunshine here for all of us to see.
-B