Friday, March 25, 2011

5 Things To Miss About CBU

As my time here on the Cape is coming to an end I've been thinking about all the things that I'm going to miss. So I've decided to make a list of the top 5 things I'm going to miss about being here at CBU.

1. My Friends. I think this one is rather obvious but I must say it. I have met and befriended some of the most amazing people here. I hope to remain friends with them for a long long while. And a note to any who are reading you are always welcome to come visit me. I will always have a couch available for you to crash on.

2. The Pit. I'm going to miss the convenience of having a bar on campus where everyone goes on the weekends and were the atmosphere is laid back and not completely hectic.

3. 3 Day Weekend. For most departments classes are only Monday thru Thursday so this entire term I have enjoyed a three day weekend every single weekend. I have quite enjoyed this because it allows me a day to be lazy and do no homework, if I so choose, but still gives me two days to do said homework. I shall really miss this when I go back to WOU and have class five days a week.

4. My Classes. As much as I may complain about them some days I really do enjoy my classes as a whole. My professors say many hilarious things that keep me in stitches for days after. My history prof and folklore prof will be missed the most. They have imparted many magical moments into my memories and much knowledge about Canada and the society and history of Cape Breton.

5. The Snow. The snow and I have had a love hate relationship this semester. Being from the Willamette Valley in Oregon I hadn't really dealt with this much snow as a day to day thing ... ever. I however got accustomed to the snow very quickly and have come to enjoy it. It will be greatly missed next winter when I am stuck with just the Oregon rain.

This is just a short list of things that I will miss about going to CBU. There are many others but I feel this is the best list that I can make. I hope everyone enjoys it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a little bit of sunshine here for all of us to see.
-B