Saturday, August 23, 2014

Addiction

I have an addiction.... a book addiction, that is.

Since I've moved and all of my books are still in Oregon I've been buying up cheap books like crazy. This has presented itself as a problem since there is a Goodwill in my friend's neighborhood and every time I go over to their house I have to stop and spend at least 10-15 minutes looking through every single book the store has. This has given me a totally of 6 books that I want to read. Now the question is which book first? And when will I find the time? 

 I've already read Sisterhood Everlasting. It was an interesting experience revisiting characters who I grew up reading. The girls are almost 30 and dealing with situations that I sometimes find myself worrying about. Such as, what if I get so comfortable in my job and can't leave, what if I'm not made to settle down, what if I really am hiding from myself under layers of people...what if, what if, what if! Interesting read for this point in life. I don't know if I had read it a few years ago if I would have connected with the characters as well as I did. 

Which book next? Water for Elephants? The American Heiress? Under the Tuscan Sun? Or One Thousand White Women? All of them have their own strengeths and will lead somewhere new. Which should I choose?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a little bit of sunshine here for all of us to see.
-B