Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Remember the Dopey?

Running Away
via
Remember that run that I signed up for? The one that's going to kill me in January if I don't get my ass in gear?  What!? You don't remember?

...

That's alright I barely remember it either. Which means the time has come for my running to become serious.. I mean really serious. I am officially a week behind according to the training schedule that they provide for the Dopey Challenge. My hard core training starts tomorrow. I've decided that instead of running on the roads surrounding my parents house I'm going to head down to one of the larger parks in town and do some trail running. It should be a good change of pace from the little running that I have been doing.  

Though I haven't been running as much as I should be I have been doing a bit of reading on it. I am still rather confused about fueling during longer runs but I am sure I will figure it out as my training gets more intense. I've also been warned that wearing the same pair of shoes throughout training can actually harm your run... maybe I should get a new pair of shoes? I'm not sure. I guess I'll see what lies ahead and continue to read and ask questions. 

I hope everyone is having a fabulous summer thus far and continues to enjoy the sunshine. 

xoxo
-B

P.S. Do you like the picture of Orange Bird running? I thought it was adorable and slightly fitting since I've been running away from my running.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a little bit of sunshine here for all of us to see.
-B