Friday, September 14, 2012

Week 2 Update

So it has been a long week and a half of training. I have learned all about Tommorrowland, the different positions at Space Mountain, how to walk track, how to handle guests, and a lot more. I have also now experienced all 4 parks (Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Hollywood Studios, and Animal Kingdom) and the first Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party.

Today was my assessment for my proficiencies at Space Mountain. It wasn't as difficult as I was expecting. I had to take a 130 question test which had some basic and some complicated questions on it asking what I would do in certain situations, how many trains we operate with, and how we handle a breakdown. After that I had to get assessed by one of the Tomorrowland managers. It was not nearly as bad as I was expecting. He just asked what the 4 Basic Keys were and to give examples of them. He also explained the attendance policy and a couple other little things. Next up on my assessment was actually working the locations. This included: Fastpass Distribution, Fastpass Return, Greeter, Merge, Load 1, Restraint 1, Grouper, Unload 1, and Unload 2.  It all went rather well and... I passed!!!

Here are some pictures from the last week.
(Left) This is from the Finding Nemo: The Musical at Animal Kingdom. It was a very good show for only being about 30 min. I loved it and the use of puppets.
 (Right) This is from Festival of the Lion King at Animal Kingdom. It was also a spectacular show in a square theater with the majority of the action taking place in the center of the building with the rows of seating around the edges.
 (Left) France at Epcot at night. I think it looks fabulous.
I got to see Enchanted Tales with Belle! at the New Fantasyland. It was a fantastic experience which I would love to do again.
Enchanted Tales with Belle!!!!!!!!
 

Enchanted Tales with Belle!!! (aka. New Fantasyland!!!)
The castle at night from the Frointerland bridge
At the Halloween party meeting Rapunzel and Flynn Rider!
As always I love comments and have a fantastic day!!

-B

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a little bit of sunshine here for all of us to see.
-B